Monday, January 2, 2012

It Can Be A Girl's Name, Too

Turpin's baby was born before 2011 went into the archives.
Her name is Rowan and she's a baby.
Unfortunately, Rowan found the process of being born a little tricky.
We're all worried about her, but I know that she has the tenacity of her father.
And the blind luck of her mother.

My resolution?
I'm going to buy some new t-shirts and underwear this year, I think.
I'm sick of all of my shirts that I own.
Going to focus more on colour and less on, y'know, these profane words and obscure pictures.
The underwear is all beginning to slowly break down and return to dust.
A man's stable of underwear tends to do this simultaneously.
Or mine does, anyway.
That's all I've resolved so far.
That's enough, really.
And who needs a change in the ones place just to make a decision for themselves anyway?
Who says I can't make a resolution in the middle of June?
The calendar already says when you are and are not allowed to grow certain facial hair.
Make some of your own decisions.
In fact, that sounds like a pretty good resolution.
Let's all just use that one.



No comments:

Blog Archive