Monday, February 27, 2012

The Turning Seasons

Let me give you some insight into my mother's subtle dimentia:
She has this tole painting - in fact, she has dozens of them, but this one is special.
It has all four seasons depicted in a circular mosaic.
Each picture's section has the corresponding season written above it.
With me so far?
She rotates the painting 90 degrees each solstice.
So that the current season is at the top.
Turpin pointed it out to me.
Mom had my father fasten a hanging bracket thingy on all four sides of this thing.
That was a task that he had to do at some point.
Likely wondering all the while where he went wrong. 
She's a lovely woman and a fantastic mother.
But she possesses a set of standards that baffle and confuse me.

1 comment:

Horace Horsely said...

hahahaha, I like this one

Blog Archive