Thursday, February 16, 2012

Two Wrongs Make A White

Ooh hold me now.
Whoa-oh warm my heart.
Sorry I haven't been around.
I already explained myself, rather honestly, in the previous post.
But when I originally wrote this I assumed this one would be going first.
Just go with it. We're all going with it.
Anyway, sorry I haven't been around.
Just once I'd like to tell a woman that I'm shipping out with the Navy.
"Baby, the truth is...I'm shipping out tomorrow. And I don't know if I'll ever be back."
It's called shore-leave, dick!
You should visit MSF.ca.
Because I told some blue-eyed man that I was going to do so.
And I'm not.
This is the best that I can do for him.
Doctors Without Borders.
I haven't even finished my practicum yet
(I don't even know what a practicum is).
After telling me why pharmaceutical companies are run by jerks, he asked me to volunteer.
I thought he was going to wine and dine me a shade more.
Sort of caught me off-guard.
To reply, I said, "Nah."
"May I ask why?"
"I only spoke to you initially because I'm too nice to act like I didn't see you.
It's the same reason homeless people get all of my coffee change."

To review, The Roast of Peter White was last Wednesday.
After weeks of assuming my jokes were sub-par, I had a great time.
The comics who actually like me in this town insisted that my lines stood out.
I'm not sure about that.
But I do know that I like comparing Kyle's head to half of a loaf of bread.
It's a privileged thing, running errands with your friends. 
A sunny day.
Three-quarters of a tank of gas.
Chilli Peppers.
You combine those with some buddies.
Suddenly, a tux fitting doesn't seem so bad.
Today I run errands with Peter White.
Before his eveningtime flight to the U.K.
I couldn't explain my relationship with Peter White.
I don't remember ever meeting him.
No surprise there, I know, but I remember meeting most comics.
I can't remember if we initially worked together during a weekend.
Regardless, fueled by mockery of the general public, our relationship has grown (festered).
He has a Turpinesque capability of thinking what I'm thinking.
That being said, I don't want Maggie or anyone else to worry.
No one could replace that coat rack in my life.
When the three of us go to brunch, he's the third wheel.
But in an industry fed by wariness and disdain, he's someone I trust.
Except with any girlfriends I may have.
Hide your girlfriends from him.
Say she's your cousin. He'll keep his paws to himself then.
As for Peter White the comedian, I have to grudgingly admire his capabilities.
What choice do I have?
He was in a scene with Pierce Brosnan. 




No comments:

Blog Archive