Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Exceedingly Early

I went to the wrong class today.
Well, that is to say, I went to the right class.
At the wrong time.
Since I thought I was a moment or two late as it was, I wasn't surprised to see a fully seated class.
And the prof matched the mugshot.
But as soon as I sat I had a mounting feeling that I was going to have to write a blog post about this.
Because everyone was looking at me.
And there were whispers.
Giving up, as I do, I tapped the guy in front of me.
I didn't even have to ask.
"You're an hour late for class," he hissed.
That's when I relaxed.
Because I knew that that wasn't right.
As it turns out, I was half an hour early, and in the wrong slot.
It's not a class that I bother with too often.
It has a nasty tendency of cutting into my nap time.

No comments:

Blog Archive