Sunday, July 19, 2009

Picture It

Today couldn't possibly feel more like a Sunday.
Unless I had to sit through chruch for an hour.
With communion.

Assuming that my name is tarnished from here to Tofino,
Moosejaw to Baddeck,
I'm applying for teaching jobs overseas.
In the past week I have suddenly set my sights on Korea.
Only God and Krishna and the crowd knows why (speaking of church).
Though, if I go to Korea, I'll be too busy having sex to actually teach anyone.
But I won't mention that in the interview.
They asked for a recent picture of me.
After overcoming the unsettled feeling that this instilled, I began browsing.
I couldn't help but laugh in spite of myself.
Finding a picture of me to send to a potential employer is just a funny way to pass the time.
To wit:

I put that third one in there for Peter Russell's benifit.
I ended up going with none of these.
I hate applying for jobs.
And I hate filling out forms.
Filling out forms is easily one of my most despised things to do.
I really mean that.
I get anxious just writing down my address.
Why can't they just take the names of all teacher hopefulls?
And play bingo for positions.
"Did you hear that Duncan got the job in Lethbridge?"
"Yeah. He won the potato sack race. Lucky asshole."
Bob Marley was right.



1 comment:

Pete said...

I love that picture... "Warford, giving it out"

Blog Archive