Saturday, February 5, 2011

No Dance in Hell

Alright.
Where were we?
The Fraser party?
Was that it?
The boat house?
You were perched atop the jet ski.
I was afraid of falling into the water.
I believe that's where we were.
Then you said that you had to study for an exam that you forgot you had.
And you paddled away from me.
You said you'd be back, but you have yet to return to me.
Maybe you went over the falls in your little boat.
And to that I say...good riddance!


Here's the fabled post of yore that I was talking about.
Written February 3rd, 2011.
Big Bite Pizza (Bay Roberts location)
:

I'm in Big Bite Pizza right now.
Amanda Flip is working here.
I had a very profound crush on Amanda Flip while in grade whatever.
Star-crossed as we were, she attended another school.
But I would see her when I went to Shearstown dances with Shandera.
Her boyfriend got all of the slow dances with her, but I got the fast ones!
When "Oh What A Night" comes on, who do you suppose she thinks of?
She used to hold private correspondence with me at this time.
Intricately folded and horribly written, I kept these keepsakes in my Ninja Turtles fanny pack.
I'd love to find those letters now.
And the fanny pack, for that matter.


No comments:

Blog Archive