Friday, March 2, 2012

Shore. Leave.

Bet all of your kids' college fund on black.
It's Friday.

I thought that I had written this post already. In my brain.
I haven't though.
That's happening now.
I have to go to Membertou tomorrow.
I don't know where it is, and I'm not entirely sure how to say it.
My roommate's mother is here right now and my roommate is not.
Though I suppose there's no real reason to feel this way, it makes me sad.
Maybe not sad.
Maybe something more irritated than sad.
Now Kyle has just returned home from an oral exam which means he hopes to get high.
He's probably more sad than I am.

I did some jokes in Bedford last night.
Once a fevered dream, this is something I do regularly these days.
After this, myself, Marc Sauve (rube) and Brian Aylward headed to Roe-Day-Ohs.
Only a few people milled about in the dank.
One table was full of drunk units.
Including some round-faced tart who immediately began speaking to me once we got there.
Fortunately, I couldn't understand what she was saying.
I'm assuming it was nothing interesting since she was wasted.
She told me that she was from the southern shore.
Since I'm in Nova Scotia, I assume that she meant the southern shore of this province.
In my home province, people from the southern shore sound really funny.
So, I'm not sure whether or not to chalk her up to coincidence.
Because she sounded retarded.
It may have been the booze, but she spoke as though she'd just been kicked in the head by a mule.
And the kick hit something important in the brain.
Of course, I may just be saying that because I don't like her.
You wouldn't either.
She sidled up to Marc and I at the bar.
After asking the bartender where to find some hot guys she turned to me and said:
"Cause you're not cutting it, buddy."
After a moment or two, I excused myself from Marc, saying:
"I don't want to be near this woman anymore."
Because I had no reply.
I'm so bad with bullies, sometimes.
I likely would have kept it inside my head even if something came to mind.
Her male friends looked stupid to the point of dangerous, and they were pretty pissy-eyed themselves.
Regardless, it's still depressing when I can't think of a retort to such an easy target.
"You're no prize yourself, slut!"
Even that would do in a pinch.
I understand why it is that women may find 'slut' to sound rather jarring.
Be that as it may, I find it to be an incredibly funny word.
Something about the sound of it tickles me.
Probably  because I've never been called one (to my face).
Aylward recently pointed out to me that comics are those who got tired of being bullied.
I like that idea.
It doesn't resonate well, though, since Brian was a jock in school who had sex with lots of women.
But we all have our checkered pasts.

No comments:

Blog Archive