Monday, March 5, 2012

Your Place or Pete's Room?

The fact that I can't set up Google Analytics is exactly why Google will never hire me.
There are other reasons, too.
I have nothing to mention. There's no point in pretending.
Sure, I could just stiff the lot of ya and write nothing.
But I might as well at least say whatever it is that I'm saying.

Don't tell an audience what hotel you're staying in and the hotel's room number.
Especially not if you give your co-worker's room number by mistake rather than your own.
I didn't get any unsolicited visitors (luckily, neither did Pete Zedlacher).
But I did have to politely turn down some woman in Sydney.
Who was...presented to me by her friends.
"We've brought you so-and-so. Do you approve?"
That's basically what happened.
I didn't approve.
Luckily I had to leave at 7 a.m. the next morning.
So, I really clung to that long enough to get out of there.
Honesty is funny sometimes, sure.
But honesty can also be the worst policy.

This unplugged version of this song has been stuck in my head for about a week.
Certain hits just make you roll your eyes after enough time has passed by.
It's funny how fickle we can be.
Really, when you sit and listen, it just sounds lovely.
No matter how much time you've spent not paying attention to it.
 



No comments:

Blog Archive