Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Free Fallin'

Tomorrow I intend to finally do some skydiving.
I'd say it's about time.
I'd do it for the view. I enjoy wide, sprawling views of things.
Don't get me wrong.
It's being suspended from glorified curtains that I have issues with.
I remember at Acadia when a bunch of people went skydiving, and Crazy Dave (who wasn't even that crazy. Do we really need to have a 'crazy dave' in every social circle?) had to use his emergency chute.
And he was talking about how much fun it was, and hopefully he could save enough money to "go again this term."
Skydiving is only fun if everything's operational.
It's just that sort of passtime.
Who would ever go a second time, if they had to use their emergency chute the first time?
Of course, that fucker was crazy.
My buddy Pete also went skydiving while in Acadia. Broke his leg.
That's a skydiving accident, right there.
I told him that he got off light.
Post-landing, Pete would have sex with his girlfriend, and his cast would bang against the wall of his room.
There are certain things that simply cannot be replicated outside of a university residence.

Hawksley Workman tonight.
He still won't return my e-mails.
But wait 'til he gets a load of the candygram I sent him.

No comments:

Blog Archive