Sunday, March 23, 2008

Tyin' Rebar

Happy excuse to eat chocolate and pretend to be interested in Jesus day, everyone.
I saw Hoskins' band Fulltime on Friday with Shandera.
I think they should use a hyphen in their name.
But whatever. They play instruments.
They are better humans than I.
The show was deadly.
Hoskins' parents were at the bar (Roxxy's) to watch.
Which I found very impressive.
His parents fed me lasagna in Banff.
Canmore, technically.
Then they got me drunk.
I broke a wine glass.
His father told some joke that made us all uncomfortable. But he meant well.
I can't remember it, but I remember that the punchline was: "No my love, tonight you're drinkin' from the bottle."
...
Ahem.
I ran into drunk Peter Russell, which was fantastic.
I was playing drunk Paul Warford at the time.
We misplaced one another and then drunk Paul Warford got himself some 'street meat,' as they call it.
Then he took a cab.
Then he desperately felt as though he were about to vomit.
But he made it to his house.
It was a rough night.

Dave/Mavis showed up at my door yesterday.
Dave is a former roommate.
The type of roommate who boils ears of corn (after shucking them) at midnight on a Saturday.
We went to Ballistic and spoke with some rad people who then gave me a rad discount on a hoodie I couldn't afford.
I have missed rad people, which Banff was choking on.
It's a place where certain guys are so rad as fuck that they shouldn't even be allowed outside.
I could never be rad.
I don't know how to tie a bandana.

No comments:

Blog Archive