Friday, March 14, 2008

To Hypocrisy!

Happy get-wasted-weekend, everyone.
Hope you all vomit just a little bit.
"'Tis the season," as they say.
Leave it to the h'Irish.
I got pierced today.
After vowing that I wouldn't get pierced again.
But it was an act of solidarity.
Does solidarity stave off infection?
Doesn't matter.

I have to admit that I find it helplessly funny when people say "Screw it," sometimes.
I want to give up caffeine.
I don't know why. It's spring.
I'm trying to act as though I have purpose.
I won't stop drinking coffee, mind you. I'm just going to switch to decaf for a while.
Which I also vowed I wouldn't do.
We'll just see what happens.
I'm betting on my being appallingly groggy during my morning classes, and otherwise pissy all day.
But at least I'm making plans that will perpetuate beyond tomorrow.

I was driving up Torbay Road today, and I'm behind this bus.
I'm harbouring road rage at a red, and I notice that the back of the bus has the NTV News Team painted on there.
Alright, I likely noticed before the red light. I just wanted an excuse to use the verb 'harbour.'
And I realized, as I checked for wrinkles on Lynn Burry (there are none) that I'd like to be plastered to the back of a bus some day.
Then I wouldn't mind getting stuck behind it.
'Cause I'd have me to look at.
All toothy and thin.
People always say that they see members of the NTV News Team doing various human being type shit around the city.
I never do.
People seeing Fred Hutton at Music City getting his banjo restrung, that sort of thing.
Toni Marie down on the corner, turning tricks.
For fun. Not profit (sorry Toni).


I couldn't find a photo of the NTV bus, but you get the idea.
Stop throwing your McDonald's bags onto the road, fuckers.



1 comment:

The Dude said...

Was the piercing an alternative to the Farnsworth? And what did you pierce this time? (please say balls).

Anywho, my major concern is this new colour scheme on your blog. It sucks. It hurts my eyes. And my soul. And probably Toni-Marie's self-respect.

Happy Drunk Weekend.

Blog Archive