Thursday, March 24, 2011

Aisles Apart

They make a shave gel for sensitive skin.
But I can't find one anywhere that accomodates the sensitive man.
I go to the counter sometimes and ask about it.
That's where you buy shaving supplies anyway; at the counter.
Beer, cigarettes, razor blades.
All of Man's vices.
Anyway, I'll say to the register:
"Excuse me, but I didn't see any sensitive man shave gel over in the aisle.
I was just wondering if you carried any?"
Unrelated story:
One of my fondest Bussey memories was the time we were waiting to leave for St. John's.
One of Kevin Senior's business trips, that doubled as a van ride into town for us.
Pat would come along so that we had an adult to bring us into the R-rated films.
So, we're all in junior high and we're all sitting and waiting to leave.
Passing the time, Bussey's younger brother, Bussey, picks up a flyer on the van's floor.
And reads:
"We have assles and assles of selection...?"
His father grabs the flyer and looks at it and says, "That's aisles and aisles."
You really had to be there.
Or you at least have to hear the story spoken aloud.
But this version will have to do.
Technology hampering us once more.
All of my best stories.

I just received a drunken phone call from an Australian woman.
Everyone should experience this at least once.

No comments:

Blog Archive