Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Without Going Over

My mother once said that it was time for me to settle down and be a man.
"Get a car for yourself," she'd said.
And I tried to explain to her that fullfilment was a little more compliacted than that.
Unless I have it wrong and the car commercial writers have it right.
But sometimes I think that those commercials have ulterior motives.
Like owning a car would ever make me happy.
Here's another expensive thing for me to spill things on and lose.
If anything it would make me less happy.
If I owned a car, I would no longer have a concrete reason to go on The Price is Right.

2 comments:

Pete said...

Your mom should take the van away from you and see how THAT would make you feel. Just for comparison.

acadiascreech said...

It would probably make me feel isolated.

Blog Archive