Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Another Round

Sure, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros have a fun tune with that Home song.
Still, I doubt I'd want to spend any amount of time with them on a bus.

This morning I dismantled a bird house that my father once built.
Dismantled with a hammer.
Isn't life funny?

I taught a lot this week past.
Which was fine.
At no point did I have the 7-3s.
You have to relish the small victories.
Did I mention that I took a bath last week?
What a trip.
I almost puked when it was over.
It was so hot.
Sweltering.
And my nude body probably wasn't helping.
Anyway.
I'm becoming endeared to a fellow teacher who once went to high school with me.
And I feel gross about it.
Because she plays sports.

So, the Laugh Off happened on Thursday.
My goal was to say soemthing onstage that I have never said before.
Consequently, I said a bunch of things that I have never said before.
And most of them turned out to be funny.
Semi-finals funny!
Coombs has footage of it that I hope to upload as soon as his kids are off to college.
The evening was not without its complications, though.
First of all, I receieved a call to teach the following day.
And I'd never been so sad to receive a call to teach.
Sad!
Like a mourner.
Depressed about it.
Driving to Bay Roberts at 11 in the evening.
To potentially fill in for my old drama teacher, Mr. Warren.
Who has the shittiest smammering of classes a sub has ever seen
(The 7-3s are his home room).
And there were other emotional complications as well.
Have you ever had a comedy set that went really well, and it makes you want to have sex immediately afterwards?
It happens.
It's how Steve Coombs had his second baby.

If we're to believe mourners, as asshole hasn't died yet.


2 comments:

Coombsie said...

Let's just say my decision to only have 2 children isn't an indicator of the longevity of my comedy career ;P

Samways said...

Paul what are the 7-3's?

Blog Archive