Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Suicide Sous-Chef

So, I'm not into microwaves.
"That Warford. Always got to be different!"
Whatever.
Food tastes soggy out of a microwave, whereas out of an oven it just tastes warm.
Takes an extra four to six minutes.
Like you need to reheat leftovers within seconds of your removing them from the fridge.
Like you're closing that many business deals.
You need a microwave as much as you need an escalator installed in your house.
You're saving inconsequential amounts of time.
Time that you spend on quizzes about Charlie Sheen.
Or what kind of a cat you'd be if you were a cat (hairless!).
I can't remember what my point was.
Oh yeah!
So I use ovens a lot.
But I still have a habit of sticking my face in front of the food after I open the door.
Can't break it.
I don't know why.
I want to look like the people in the Pillsbury commercials, maybe.
Or perhaps, as my old hockey coach used to say, there's a little Sylvia Plath in all of us.
And scene!

...
...
Y'know, I didn't even want to get into the microwave thing today.
I just wanted to do the Plath line.
That was the whole purpose for this post.

This ad doesn't even have people sticking their face in front of an oven.
But it was too great to not use.
You know that gag on TV where a couple will swipe everything off of the kitchen table?
Because they're about to screw on it?
These two invented that.
They were the first to do it.
And it happened as soon as they finished shooting the ad.
Right there on the set.


No comments:

Blog Archive