Monday, October 29, 2007

Onset of Calamity

It is approximately two weeks ago.
I have been working on a 200-word outline for Military History for the better part of a fortnight.

Having finally accrued enough secondary sources to compile said outline, I decide to retire for the night, and finish the actual writing process the following day.
The bibliography has been completed in a word document, and I consider this to be a tremendous amount of headway.
I decide that two hours before class should be more than enough time.

Alarm.

I snooze.
For about an hour longer than my schedule deems permissible.
I forgo a shower.
I begin to gather particulars that will be needed for the morning's tasks.
This is a daily routine.
Bank card. Who knows if I will need to buy print credit, pay a library fee I have forgotten about.
One of my regular loan sharks stops by the library. Who knows?
Who knows.
MUN id. Pens.
I scramble for these things every morning.
Should I check my Facefuck messages?
No.
I have to be responsible.
I haven't the time.
Head to the car.
Shit. Nutrigrains.
I go back to the house.
To the car.
Shit. Coffee change.
I go back to the house.
I book it to campus. I have about an hour and a few to complete my outline.
I have to sit and wait for an available computer.
Minutes pass.
Log on.
Get all of my books out. Notes. All of that.
Then I remember that I have forgotten to e-mail myself the outline word document.
Which I would have remembered if I'd checked my Facefuck messages that morning.
So, I am sitting there. With no feasible way of accessing my work. Wondering what I am to do.
And this song happens to be playing on my iPod.
Listen to it and picture me there.
There are 2, 518 songs on my iPod, currently.
There is a larger force at work here.


No comments:

Blog Archive