Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Out of the Closet


This is Sunshine.
She is very timid.
I thought perhaps it was about time I introduced her.
I owe her an e-mail.
She taught me how to make caesar salads.
In other news, I am awake.
I wasn't for most of the day.
I was leaving campus today (after a great deal of walking and an embarassing amount of sweating), and I noticed something as I passed my beloved ducks.
Three (three!) seperate groups were feeding them.
Now, fair readers, I appreciate that my fanbase has spread to the MUN campus, and I am thoroughly pleased to see my readers copying what I (intend to) do.
That's the whole point.
But if the ducks are fed too frequently, they won't be excited when I show up.
I need them to be excited.
I have grandoise notions of the ducks loving me before the term is over.
And they can't love all of us.
Just a cautionary, gentle readers.
One of the couples finished copying me just as I was coming by, and they resolved to hold each other on the bank. The sun was lowering in the background. Their hair was lightly tossled by the wind. The girl turns and kisses the boy.
And I think to myself that I'm missing something.
I need one of those pretnetious mail-carrying bookbags. Like the one homey was wearing.
I thought to ask him where he got his.
But you know me. Romantic at heart.



1 comment:

trac54 said...

We were supposed to go messenger bag shopping. I forgot you wanted my help in picking one out.

Also, everyone feeds those ducks. They also feed them EVERYTHING. It's a little sad.

Blog Archive