Saturday, July 28, 2007

Andrea

I think she's going to work out.
She looks like this <--
I'll admit that to be a Warford Woman you do need a great deal of patience, and a moderately thick skin because a Warford Woman is always outnumbered.
I've had the feeling that she is going to work out ever since she visited Newfoundland a few months back for some sort of wedding shower debacle.
We were seated in a restaurant in downtown St. John's. Our parents were there. Her mother was there, her cousin...Colin and I were there and we were drunk because we arrived early.
She began iterating a point of some sort when I interjected to make some smart-ass comment, and then Colin began laughing gallantly because he was all liquored up.
Abruptly, she turned to us and said, "Shut up, I'm talking," and then she continued speaking.
Ever since then...
She has already come to understand that I am not to be left alone with any great deal of responsibility. Watching her explain to Francis that I was not permitted to drink the night before the wedding was very entertaining.
Francis, trying his sales pitch: "We'll just go out for a little bit," he calmly coerced, "and then I'll get him on a subway, and-"
"We can't put Paul on a subway, we'd never see him again." (This is likely true.)
"Okay, so what is Paul able to do on Saturday night?"
"Paul can't do anything. He has to be home by 6pm so that we all know where he is."
And she can only get better with time.
Personal favourite?
"Paul, you have to finish brushing your teeth first before you can eat anything."
"M'kay"


1 comment:

trac54 said...

Miss you.
I'm glad you are having a good time with your fam. You better have some pictures of you wearing that fancy tux.

I have funny stories to tell you.
Also, you owe me a card.

Blog Archive