Saturday, July 28, 2007

We're Goin' Down

The scouts and I watched a video on airplane safety as our vessel taxied.
The stewards/stewardesses are not required to go through the motions of airplane safety anymore, apparently. The video does that job for them.
When I'm finally in my plane crash, I'm certain that all airline staff on board will not know any of the processes they are supposed to know because of the video. They'll eventually forget all of the emergency protocols and how to implement them.
"How in the hell does this door open?! Oh, if only they hadn't made that video!"
People get nervous during turbulence sometimes. I find this odd. I never pay attention to the plane's behaviour while flying; I pay attention to the stewardesses'. If they're collected, you're fine.
If you're about to hit a field and they know it, they're going to drop their professional courtesy act, and will instead go into hysterics.
Then you can be concerned.

No comments:

Blog Archive