Monday, July 2, 2007

"Do you still talk to Sarah Turpin?!"

I have to go to work in 30 minutes. It's 10:30 p.m. I don't like it.
Last night was ludicrous as drunken Canadians ordered many, many platters of nachos, which I prepared. While wishing I was dead.
Just kidding. It's not that bad.
So, after work, I'm supposed to smoke a joint with Doug (he's 19 and adorable, in his own right, just because he's so 19 [He once commented that "Having sex is pretty wicked"]) after work. I get a beer at the bar. Doug is talking to a circle of waitresses that range in age from 20ish to 40ish. Diedre is German and attractive. She's showing her cousin a night on the town. I don't find out immediately, but her cousin is 15. Her cousin does not look 15. Her cousin is GOING TO GRADE 11. How hilarious is that? Just hearing someone say "I'm going to grade...." sounds insane. So, I have a drink or two with these people. Then I learn that I can start a tab at the bar which will be payroll deducted from my cheque. Perfect. Co-workers who don't know me keep buying me shots.
15.
We go to etomik (christ knows why I agree). We can't get in cause what's-her-face gets I.D.'d, and is therefore denied entry. And she's the only one who wants to go in the first place. Mavis is in front of us in line, getting turned away because he's too drunk. So, now drunk Dave is with us.
I talked to a Carolann from high school at some point in this procession. I forgot to mention that.
She's talking to me. "How have you been?! Do you still talk to Sarah Turpin?!"
Oh, we communicate, so to speak, but there ain't a lot of talking involved, if you catch my drift. 
The Carolann said my name, I turned, and then did the worst job of pretending to be happy to see someone in my lifetime. I wonder if she caught it.
I have to go work now and wish I wasn't working. Because it's late. This was pointless.

1 comment:

Turnip said...

Why the fuck would that be her first question? We are NOT SALT AND PEPPER.
Did that make sense to you?
I made sense to me as I typed it.
Now rereading it, I'm not so certain.

Blog Archive