Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Food for Thought

Monday Smallwood and I went for lunch. I brought her to the Hearth because I hoped that my knowing other people (ie: co-workers) might impress her. Also, it was the only place I could afford to eat in, since I can tab my meals there.
She admitted that she's ceased reading my blog. I deduce that it is because she stopped being mentioned as much. I can't really blame her, as this is how I read things other people have written; I scan for my name, and when I don't see it there, I toss the material aside. This is why I haven't finished the Bible yet. I went through Genesis without seeing my name once.
She chided the mustache somewhat, but she still couldn't deny that it holds a certain charm. I told her about Diedre asking for my phone number. I also pointed out that D's asking was now irrelevant since I'd brought Smallwood on a lunch date to work, and Diedre was the one serving us.
Smallwood instructed me to tell D that she's just an ex-girlfriend that made me miserable, which was sweet of her to offer.
Not much else to mention. I came up with a brilliant metaphor, describing Smallwood as a puzzle piece - an intricate one. A border piece. Better yet, a corner. There's only four of those. Anyway, I told her that I intend to use it as a line sometime (I do).
I returned her to work half an hour late because I am the bane of punctuality.
We had an incredibly awkward farewell, and I'll admit that I was the one who made it so. Due to reasons that I cannot quell, Smallwood still has this innate ability to disarm me entirely from time to time. Suppose it's because she's such a puzzle piece.
I left the step where I used to always bring her after our lunches in the past, when we were still regularly seeing one another naked. As I walked away, I wondered if I should've moved home or not.
Then I removed the parking ticket from my windshield.

No comments:

Blog Archive