Saturday, August 4, 2007

Dial Tone

It's eery how quickly I can make the transition from waking, on average, at around 8am for a week, to waking at 6pm. Which is when I get up now. Because, of all of the restaurants downtown, I choose the one that is in 24-hour operation.
I think I could convince Emily Haines to go on a date. She seems down to earth. If I had a few minutes to talk to her, I think I could do it. If she was standing behind me in line for coffee somewhere. Then I could do it. Or, if I called her.
Preposterous as I may be, I am actually the most charming man in history...over the phone. I ordered an RJD2 disc from HMV over the phone when I was still working at EB, and the girl who took my order was in love with me by the end of the conversation. It was ludicrous. The transition from her taking down my address to my taking down her panties would have been effortless. I realized this, and resolved to go down there.
"Watch out Nicole, whoever you are, you don't know what you're in for."
But, as I was getting my jacket, I happened to glance down, and then I said, "Ah yes, my ridiculous physical appearance."
I left Nicole to her dreams.
I had money to steal anyway.

No comments:

Blog Archive