Thursday, August 9, 2007

How Bad Can It Be?

I'm driving. I'm late for work. This is becoming more and more standard lately. Likely because there is no supervisory individual per se at my place of employment, and so there is no one to scold me for being late, or to even take note of it.
I remember that I have to call my landlord and give him my chop of the rent, since I keep forgetting to do so.
I scribble the reminder on a scrap of paper that I have pressed against the steering wheel, and I write it as I look straight ahead and steer. Because I am concerned that by the time I hit a red light, I'll have forgotten again.*
I stuff the scrap into my pocket, and then I go back to eating my toast.
My car has a lot of crumbs in it.
Now, if you will excuse me, I evidently have to call my landlord.

*I also had to make a reminder on the note to write this post.

No comments:

Blog Archive