Wednesday, September 19, 2007

"Are You Gonna Eat That?"

Write this one next to the salmon recipe.
I have no idea why, but I learned in high school that if you arbitrarily offer a girl food at random, she will always, always laugh at it.
Softly. Somewhat awkwardly. A little embarassed, even, but it always works.
I did it today. Twice.
The girl is waiting for our class to start (same one I asked to watch my stuff some days before). We are sitting on the floor in the hallway. I turn, hold out my blueberry muffin, which I just cracked, and say, "Muffin?"
I turn and do it to the girl on the opposite side of me. Same deal.
They find it strange, don't get me wrong, but charmingly so.

I decide to try it on a guy.
For kicks.
A few days back. Same class. Somewhat husky guy sitting next to me. Right next to me. And the seats are quite cramped.
I just hold the Nutrigrain bar towards him.
I have never experienced a look before that says, all at once, the following: "What the fuck man...? What's your deal?"
That's what he communicated. Without saying a word.
Articulate guy.
I mutter something about just checking to see if he wanted some.

The best part of this practice?
(and it has happened) When she accepts.

No comments:

Blog Archive