Friday, September 7, 2007

Cajun Cream

I tell Anne-Marie that she is a guinea pig.
She does not mind.
See, I firmly believe that cooking is a new avenue through which I can get laid.
So, I cook her salmon and ask her if it is impressive.
Marie says that the she in question should be impressed.
She thinks it rugged that I skin the filet first.
She considers it 'neat' that I thaw things.
I always thought that it was normal to thaw things.
She compliments the strawberry clock on my wall.
I explain that it was there when I moved in.
She suggests I take it to hang wherever I live from now on.
It's stuck on 6:28.
We had discussed when it is that kitsch starts to become charming on the ferry crossing home (Pepsi machine).
I'd say at about age 22.
She washes the dishes.
The clock is in my new apartment.
I hope future girlfriends find kitsch charming.
I hope there are future girlfriends...

It's easy as hell.

Paul's Flirtation Salmon:

Thaw salmon filet.
Skin salmon filet (in front of her).
Heat a decent amount of oil (but not too much) in a pan to a medium temperature.
Roll filet in cajun seasoning and place in hot oil.
Wait.
When seasoning is black, flip & kill the heat (oil should be hot enough to blacken the other side. This way you won't fuck up and burn her food).
In a seperate pan, heat whipping cream while adding a spoonful or two of cajun seasoning.
Reduce.
Plate on lettuce, if you have it. Add cream sauce.
Serve.
Undress.

No comments:

Blog Archive