Monday, September 24, 2007

Disjoint

"'He's got it, he just doesn't know it.' That's what I told my friends after I saw you.'"
For the first time. This is what George said he said.
I get that he's an impersonator of Carlin, but he has still made his living doing this. 40 years.
I do not have the luxary of acting like I don't need advice.
I need advice.
And I'm getting it. And it will help.
So the show, then. How was the show? The set. The bit.
M'eh.
It was good. It went over as much as I expected it to, but I lost my place too many times.
We're talking make a joke, laughter, pause...where was i, make a joke, laughter, pause...
It was pretty gutwrenching.
Colin and I got home and I put on the dvd of myself from three weeks ago, since he had missed it.
He laughed.
I laughed too.
Felt alright.

In other ramblings my student loan has arrived, so if I have outstanding debts with you, now's the time to cut me some slack. Because although I have this money, my mother insists that I have no money.
She is likely correct. My mother is a very assured woman.
Shit. I have to meet a professor now.
Do any of you know where the Henrietta Harvey building is?

5 comments:

trac54 said...

It's the Math Building.
Just across from the Science building.

You know the courtyard where the arts and science entrances meet. It's in that area. It's a dumb building too.

You were great, I like that you are developing a relationship with a 60+ man. It makes my insides churn in a happy way.

acadiascreech said...

It is a stupid building.
My dad's 65. But I see what you mean.
He wanted to show me photos from shows he has done in the past, and he said 'let me show you something in my car.'
I told him that normally I do not follow older men to cars when they say that to me.

trac54 said...

Hahaha
There is nothing wrong with developing a relationship with your dad.

It's just this man is not your dad.
Though, it would be weird if he was. It would be this big story about how he like passed down the "funny genes" and that's why he likes you so much,

Are you at MUN right now?

Turnip said...

Have I mentioned lately how jealous I am of you?
I am.

acadiascreech said...

you have NOT mentioned how jealous you are of me lately.
but i'm glad you have told me now.

Blog Archive