Thursday, September 13, 2007

Boot or Hip?

She wants a flask.
Toronto will be cold. She intends to take it with her everywhere.
I want to be a part of the selection process. I conjecture that we should flask browse.
I have never seen a carpenter outside of people's basements. Sorry. Interupting myself. There's one beside me on a stalk of grass*. I know mainlanders call carpenters something else, but I can't remember the stupid term they use. I'd link it, but...again...don't know the rest-of-the-world word for them.
We end up at Things Engraved in the Avalon Mall.
We peruse. She decides to engrave it (if it's not too costly). She allows me to choose the inscription. I take this seriously immediately.
I suggest "Dick's". I wonder aloud if they will charge for the apostrophe.
Marie says that such a word on her flask may raise too many questions.
I'm still trying to think of something; to this day. I've given some suggestions. That's it.
We see nothing special, but Marie decides to inquire the engraving cost.
There is a woman in front of us. She has a two-toned silver stein. She wants three. There is only one.
The counter/victim is trying skus. None are working properly. None are listed in the inventory. Besides the one on the counter, of course.
We wait.
Counter checks printed inventory lists. I cannot remember counter's name. Wendy, maybe?
Wendy (?) volunteers to call The Village.
"Please."
We wait. I don't know why we wait for so long to get this answer.
Dials. Pause.
Wendy (?) sounds so miserably bored and defeated.
Wendy (?): "...Barb? This is Wendy over to The Mall."
It is injected with so much Newfoundland that it strikes us as funny. We comment on it as soon as we leave.
You had to be there, I know. But I had to write it anyway.
Deal.
$0.60 per letter.

*please keep in mind that I wrote this post by a pond. outside. if you're curious but not curious enough to look it up yourself: http://acadiascreech.blogspot.com/2007/09/tall-grass.html

No comments:

Blog Archive