Thursday, September 13, 2007

Last Man. Last Continue.

She shows me some of her greeting cards. I find them pleasantly intimidating.
I ask for one 'some day.'
We talk about nicknames and title variations. She enjoys emparting them on others. I've been guilty of the same from time to time (Ern, if you're out there...).
"I've been Bouge, Anne, Annie..."
"Anyone ever call you Marie?"
"...I don't think so."
Marie puts on the socks.
What are 'the socks' you ask?







Okay?
I have seen countless pictures of these entities before ever meeting my Kippens missus.
They're thicker in person than I expect.

She decides she wants a videogame lesson.
I ask several times if she is sure about this. I do the same thing the first time I have sex with a person. Consent is very important in this workaday world.
I am a remarkable nerd, I warn her.
Any guy would say this.
She assumes that I am embarassed and am therefore cushioning before we start.
I sense this.
I am not embarassed. My nerdiness is tantamount. Most guys buy Halo and Grand Theft Auto. I know the current stock particulars for Capcom (five-year high). I know where development studios are located. I know who Hideo Kojima is. Video game money paid for those nice frames he's wearing.
To be fair, I did want to write on this stuff for a living.
Which isn't a defense so much as it is further evidence...
She does not want to see this. She merely does not realize it. But I do.
This is her holding the 360 controller:
She wonders if I want to play video games with her. Perhaps I don't, she muses.
Yeah right.
I tell her that I am not about to pass up an oppurunity to sit around with a female and play video games.
They don't line up at your door on Saturdays, know what I mean?
I play the demo for EA's skate. This game is going to be remarkable.
High.
I get into detail about the intricacies of the game and what it is that makes it brilliant.
I soon say, "I'm not sure videogames are such a good idea."
She immediately agrees.
We (I) stop playing.
We do not mention the event again.



No comments:

Blog Archive