Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Trashed

I'm driving home between classes. Hydro is threatening to cut off our power. We have to prevent this from happening by seeing receptionists and talking to them.
I don't ask questions.
My name is on documentation, so I have to be there as well, with my brother. I feel unsettled when my name is on things.
No Paul Juniors in my future.
There is a very large truck in front of me, with a long flatbed. Those guys you see hauling around huge concrete sections of pipe? That sorta thing. It could be a swimming pool, but someone wished to move things with it instead. And it is too flat to hold water.
Anyway, there is a dumpster being moved on this truck. It is chained on.
I do not trust the integrity of said chain, and I speed around the truck as quickly as possible (beginning to sweat, driving faster than I should be on a turn).
Why?
Because.
Of the possible ways I might meet my fate, 'death-by-dumpster' is just a little too plausible for me to stay in the slow lane.

No comments:

Blog Archive